Wallpaper

Friday, June 26, 2009

The After-Pain






A Sore Mouth, Swollen Chipmunk Cheeks, and the pain to top it off. So as I said, Today was the big day for my wisdom teeth extraction, and all I can say is that it went by SO fast. I was still terrified though, the minute I sat in the chair and the assistant put the pulse thing on my finger and the patches on my chest, I flipped a little. I cried a little bit at the fact I was really undergoing surgery, but it's really nothing to be afraid of. The only thing that hurts is the pain afterwards.

So I sat down in the chair, and she took my pulse and put the thing on my finger [sorry, I don't know what it's called!] and 2 patches on my chest and one on my hip. So the assistant talked to me about what I'm doing this summer, I told her I would be with some friends, and work on selected days, and Disneyland and such. She was really funny and sweet, and she held my hand because I got a little scared. 

In the middle of us talking about how my friend, Krista, got hers out and she counted backwards, Doc came in. Haha He asked if I wanted to do that, but I didn't need to and I'll get to that in a moment. This isn't very descriptive because I barely remember anything that happened. What I remember is that they put the oxygen gas on my face and I couldn't see anything except the ceiling and the Doctors. I felt something cold on my arm and it felt pretty good since it was so hot outside and kind of in there.

Then he asked if I felt a pinch.

I replied "I don't feel anything I have no idea what is going on, Sir." He told me with a smile that the medicine was in and they were ready with me. This is literally how it went:

Me: "Okay... Because I am- *passes out*"
[[a blink later...]]
Doc: Make sure you eat alot of popsicles and ice cream.
Me:...We're done?

It was literally that quick! So no need to be afraid if you have yet to get yours done, the only painful part is going home high as a kite because I was tripping out, man.

Shows you I will never do drugs. Hand me Pot, LSD, ANYTHING and I will push you down a Mountain.

 
So now I'm home talking to my Sissa and relaxing the drugs off. I haven't eaten anything all day except a small plate of scrambled eggs, I can't chew! Then my mom gave me Vicodin... Oh my goodness I regret swallowing that pill. I've felt nauseated ever since. And I have what looks like a neck brace around my head, which you saw at the top of the blog. I look like a chipmunk without it though! 

A little tip if you have yet to get yours pulled: Once you go home and take a nap, EAT SOMETHING. Do not put up with a stomachache!

And just relax until you feel better. It's been less than 24 hours and I feel better than I did when I came home :D

- Jordy

No comments:

Post a Comment